NOTICE OF SPECIAL ELECTION
NOTICE is hereby given that on Tuesday, the 12th day of March 2019 a Special All-Mail Election will be held to determine if a 1½% sales and use tax should be endorsed for the Village of Orchard, pursuant to statues.
Said election will be held by mail, and will be for the following reason, to-wit: Shall the Village of Orchard, Nebraska, impose a sales and use tax of 1½% of the purchase price upon the same transactions within the Village on which the State of Nebraska is authorized to impose a tax? Yes No
And: Village of Orchard Economic Development Program:
The terms, conditions and goals of the proposed Economic Development Program are as follows:
- The program will continue until the residents of Orchard vote to discontinue the collection of taxes on taxable sales within the Village pursuant to Nebraska Local Option Revenue Act.
- The conditions and goals of the economic development program are to permit the Village to foster economic activity within the Village as permitted by the Economic Development Plan adopted by Resolution No. 01-4-19.2 adopted by the Village Board on January 14, 2019.
- The funding of the program will be 50% of the sales tax collected on taxable sales within the Village.
- The Economic Development Plan approved by the Village Board has provisions allowing the Village of Orchard to issue bonds pursuant to the Local Option Municipal Economic Development Act to provide funding for the program.
- Non-village funds will be sought to supplement village funds in the implementation and operation of the economic development program.
For the establishment of an Economic Development Program
Against the establishment of an Economic Program
Witness my hand and official seal this 4th day of February, 2019.
Lisa Payne /s/
Antelope County Clerk