Antelope County


Antelope County Court House
501 Main Street
Neligh, Nebraska 68756

Business Hours: 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday excluding holidays


PUBLIC NOTICE – Effective Immediately:

The Antelope County Law Enforcement Center Business Office/Lobby will be closed daily Noon to 12:45 PM due to staffing and safety issues.

Weekend hours are by appointment only. Please call 402.887.4148

Help Wanted
Equipment Operator: Antelope County Road Department is looking to hire an Equipment Operator, Level II. Responsibilities include: Perform manual labor and operate heavy equipment in performing a variety of skilled and unskilled tasks necessary in the grading and maintenance of roads. A complete list of duties and job application may be obtained at the Antelope County Clerk’s Office. Work hours: 7:00am-5:30pm, 4 days a week.  Upon employment, benefit package includes full family health care coverage, 401k retirement, and paid holidays.  CDL not required at time of application but will be if employed.  Drug test is mandatory. Please apply in person, or mail application and/or resume to: Antelope County Clerk, 501 M Street, PO Box 26, Neligh, NE 68756. Applications on file at the Clerk’s office prior to notice will be considered.  Antelope County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  This position is subject to a veteran’s preference and may remain open until filled.
If you are team-oriented, ambitious, have a positive attitude, and have good moral character, keep reading!

We are growing our team of men and women with multiple openings, so if you have ever wondered about a job as a communications dispatcher or corrections officer, give us a call and see what we are all about. Job shadowing is welcomed for interested persons.

We provide an excellent benefits package: full family health insurance at no cost to the employee, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and a county retirement program. We also offer dental & vision insurance. We provide uniforms and training.

Must be 19 years of age and willing to work nights, weekends, and some holidays. We have a set schedule with every other weekend off.

This position is subject to the Veteran's preference. We are an equal opportunity employer.

Apply at 1102 L Street, Neligh, NE. You may also send inquires to






AGENDA, December 7th, 2021; 9:00 AM

Open meeting/roll call by Chairman or Vice Chairman
State that the open meetings information is posted on the east wall with additional copies
   available at the Clerk’s office
Minutes of November 9th, 2021 Meeting
Road Superintendent Report
                Purchase: Crane with Sign Truck and Bucket Truck
                State of Nebraska Sign Permit
                Access Permit in SW¼ 25-27-8 859th Road for field entrance/Bearinger
                Oversize Permits-2 – Midwest Infrastructure
                Grader Purchase Discussion
                Underground Permit: NE¼ 13-24-7 844th Road/L Borer
                Underground Permit: NE¼ 13-24-7 522nd Avenue/L Borer
                Underground Permit: SE¼ 13-24-7 522nd Avenue/D Borer
                Underground Permit: SW¼ 13-24-7 521st Avenue/Wakefield
                Access Permit: SW¼ 55-28-8 513th Avenue/Randolph
                Access Permit: SW¼ 5-27-6 523rd Avenue/Smith
                Access Permit: SW¼ 26-28-7 521st Avenue/Olson (Pieke)
                Access Permit: NE¼ 26-28-7 521st Avenue/Olson (Pieke)
                Oversize Permit 1 – Borsheim Crane Service/Puetz
                10:40 AM Temporary Road Closing – Willow Township 532nd Avenue/Rakow
                10:40 AM Water on Road after tiling – Willow Township/Rakow
Pay application, Change Order, and Certificate of Completion for Kokes Construction -524th culvert/McDonald
Annual Bridge Inspections/McDonald
Advertise for Bids on Bridge 16015 (Project #C2(368)/McDonald
Ad projects to 1 and 6 Road Program (Culvert-524th Avenue & Bridge 835th Road)-Resolutions/McDonald
10:00 AM 2021 Pavement Repair Bid Opening
Zoning Administrator Report
                Zoning Permit Report
Catastrophic Leave Policy/Leave Policy
Highway Superintendent Year End Certification/Resolution
$5,000.00 Postage Claim
County Newspaper(s) - 2022
Updated NENEDD Interlocal Agreement
Promotional Grant – Clearwater’s Old-Fashioned Christmas $350.00
Civil Process Petty Cash Checking Account Resolution
2023-2026 Official Wages
9:30 AM Commissioner Districts – Redistricting-via Zoom/Josie Schafer
9:15 AM Stealth Broadband – Fiber Optic rural Antelope County/Klint Arnold
Health and Human Services Ceiling
10:15 AM Summit Carbon Solutions – Midwest Carbon Express/Dayton Murty
10:30 AM Opioid Crisis Settlement
Invenergy Floodwater Easements (3)
Highway 20 Law Enforcement Agreement
Updates to Flexible Spending Accounts (First Concord Benefits) 2020-2021/Krebs
Three (3) Members to RC & D Board
Treasurer’s Fund Balance Report for November
Treasurer’s Miscellaneous Revenue Report for November
Clerk of the District Court November Fee Report
11:00 AM Follow-up Mitchell-Martensen Road/Mitchell


Commissioner Meeting               Dec 7, 2021 09:00 AM Central Time           Meeting ID: 815 8423 9079       Passcode: 609805
One tap mobile: +13462487799,,81584239079#,,,,*609805# US (Houston) +16699009128,,81584239079#,,,,*609805# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location: +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)  +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)                  +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)       +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)       +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 815 8423 9079                       Passcode: 609805


***The items on the agenda do not necessarily have to be acted on in the above order.  The County Board has the right to modify the agenda upon convening, provided the matter is of an emergency nature.  ****

**At the discretion of the board we will recess for periodic breaks and lunch as needed **

**The Board reserves the right to go into closed session when deemed necessary by law or statute**


Open Meetings Act






We invite you to browse our web site to learn about our County offices and the services Antelope County, Nebraska offers its citizens. 

This web site contains information about Antelope County programs, services, departments and offices, as well as helpful information on commonly asked questions. We encourage you to use this site frequently for local government information. Please contact the Webmaster if you have questions, comments or suggestions on how we can improve this web site.





When Reporting an issue with a WIND TURBINE:

  1. Call the Zoning Administrator at 402-887-4248
  2. Call the Sheriff’s Office at 402-887-4148
  3. Or Call Invenergy’s Neligh Office at 531-484-2660


Upcoming Events

Add to My Calendar